ASTM is an international standards organization that is located in the United States of America. The purpose it was introduced to the industry is to publish technical standard agreements for various materials, product , systems and others. Among the ASTM standards that are often use in the industry is ASTM C365.
ASTM C365 Test Standard
Description For ASTM C365
ASTM C365 is an international test standard design to cover the determination of compressive strength and modulus of sandwich cores. These material properties are determine for the design purposes in a direction normal to the plane of facings as the core would be place in a structural sandwich construction. Acceptable core material forms include material with continuous bonding surfaces (such as balsa wood and foams) as well as those with discontinuous bonding surfaces (such as honeycomb).
The sandwich core will be subject to a uniaxial compressive force normal to the plane of the facings as the core will be place in a structural sandwich construction. The force is transmitted to the core sandwich using loading platens. The deflectomer protrudes through a hole machine in the center of the specimen. This measures the deflection of the specimen and is use to calculate strain throughout the test.
Test Specimen For ASTM C365
1. Core of sandwich construction
Fixture For ASTM C365
1. Compression platens
Compression platens are use to determine the compression characteristics of material samples. Platens are commonly manufactured from aluminum or steel and attach to the testing machine with an eye-end connector appropriate for the load capacity.
Type of UTM machine
We recommend using UTM machines with a capacity of 5kN-600kN. It depends on the strength of the materials. We also recommend using dual-column types.
1. VEW 2308
The machine is design by mechanical-electrical integration, the composition of the force-measuring Sensor, transmitter, microprocessor, mechanism of load drive, computer and color inkjet printer. The high-precision electronic motor can be set to five-speed, the components is connect by plug-way, Floor-standing models, it is taken account of modern industrial design and ergonomics in modelling and Coating. It can be tested with all the materials in the stretch, compression, bending, shear, embedded relay, Peeling. tearing, crack, etc, such as rubber, plastics, leather, metal, nylon wire, fabric, paper, aerospace, packaging, construction, petrochemical, electrical, vehicle, etc.
The implementation of standards and standard configuration:
- GB/T4689.20-1996 Measuring fastness of leather’s adhesion
- QB/T2710-2005 Measuring leather’s expansion and the rate of elongation
- QB/T2711-2005 measuring tear force of leather
- QB/T2712-2005 measuring leather’s strength and stretch of spherical crack test
1. Use conditioned square or circular samples in compliance with ASTM C365, to be use only once.
2. Place the specimen on the lower platen, accommodating the displacement transducer or compressometer as necessary. Make sure the sample is centered between the platens.
3. Apply a compressive load to the specimen at the specified rate until failure.
4. Adjust the speed of the testing machine so that failure occurs within 3-6 minutes of testing.
5. To obtain best results, perform testing in environment that the samples were condition in.
1. Ultimate Strength
2. 2% Deflection Stress
3. Compressive Modulus